The Ken Ebert Poetry Prize
Iris G. Press is pleased to announce the Ken Ebert Poetry Prize contest in honor of Lancaster County philanthropist and humanitarian, Ken Ebert. For many years, Ken has enthusiastically supported and promoted poets from all of the county. Naming this contest in his honor is our tiny gesture of thanks and appreciation. The final judge is the acclaimed, award-winning Washington, D.C. poet Joseph Ross.
* Entrants must be current Lancaster County, Pennsylvania residents, 18 or older.
* Please send only one original poem, on any theme and in any form, for consideration.
*Your entry must be unpublished, either in print or online, including personal blogs, Facebook
or Twitter. It cannot be currently under review for possible publication.
*Your entry must not exceed 52 lines.
*Submit your typed entry as a Microsoft Word attachment by email to irisGpress@gmail.com.
*All entries must be received by March 7, 2021.
*Please submit your name, address, phone number, the title of your poem, and a brief biography
on a separate page.
*Please do not put your name, address, phone number, or biography on the entry itself. Our
judges will see only the poem.
*Confirmation of receipt and comments on your entry will not be provided, nor will your entry
be returned to you. All decisions made by the judges and administrators are final.
The writer of the winning poem will receive $100 and publication of the poem in Fledgling Rag
#21. Second place will receive $50 and third place will receive $25. The results will be announced
on April 15 at and on the Iris G. Press Facebook page.
Joseph Ross is the author of four books of poetry: Raising King (2020), Ache (2017), Gospel of Dust (2013) and Meeting Bone Man (2012). His poems have appeared in the New York Times Magazine, many anthologies and journals. He teaches at Gonzaga College High School in Washington, D.C.
* Since 2004, we have published 16.5 books of poetry and 20 issues of our poetry journal, Fledgling Rag. Our focus is on poetry, and we spend more time than most people reading and listening to it. We pay attention to nearly everything poetry.
* Iris G. Press is the publisher of the poetry of Marty Esworthy, Rebecca Gonzalez, Le Hinton, and Jeff Rath.
* Through its I. Giraffe Press imprint, we publish the work of Daina Savage, poet laureate emerita of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
* Iris G. Press publishes a yearly poetry journal, Fledgling Rag. Poets are solicited by the editors of the journal.